Most of the readings kept bringing me back to Google Search – the online portal which we use on a regular basis. Reading up on how Google Adwords work, makes me realize how faceted vocabulary and metadata is put to good use from a business perspective.
Google Adwords directed at improving ad campaigns, takes into account a number of influencers, and not just related keywords.
- For an ad campaign, one gets to choose the locations and the languages to offer more contextual information, along with related keywords.
- Negative keywords to make sure wrong keywords don’t lead to your ad.
- An option to show ideas closely related to your search terms.
- The feature lets you view the search volume for a list of keywords, again, by location, language, etc.
- Lets you see the traffic forecasts for the keywords.
- It also gives you an option to multiply set of keywords:
The tool seems to be effective in creating and maintaining keywords for a business / ad campaigns, as it takes in to account, not just the synonyms and related keywords that the user enters, but also the contextual information that greatly affects the search results to produce better keywords, better search results, thereby increasing ad revenue.